Tuesday, July 20, 2010

IVIG today

Yesterday and Today I had this month's IVIg treatment. Yesterday, over halfway through the treatment, I developed a bad headache and vomited. It is one of the side effects of IVIg...so, Dr. Lowery had them give me something for the headache through my port. It helped :)

I've not really had side effects of the IVIg treatments, aside from being tired and cranky afterward...easily treated by chilling on the couch in the evening! But, these last few treatments have kinda thrown me for a loop.

Today during the treatment, early on, I started with the headache and being nauseous. Dr. L had them give me pain med for the headache and something for the nauseousness. It helped some, but never got rid of it completely...but it was tolerable. Tonight, I have a tremendous headache, nauseous, stomach cramps, etc...I'm quite miserable and not much of anything I can do about it. I have no pain meds other than tylenol, which has not helped. My other, normal, everyday pain is...well, painful and I've spent the evening in tears in the bathroom so that Mik wouldn't know...I'm just ready for this to stop.

No comments: