Saturday, September 18, 2010

Some Improvement!

Thursday and Friday I had my IVIg treatment for the month. Thursday I saw Dr. Lowery and she did the tests she does to see if my strength has improved any...truthfully, I think I could just tell her and it would be more accurate, but whatever lol...anyway, she said according to her little tests, it was better than last month. I'd say that was in line with my own experience. I've been walking a bit more...even able to push the vacuum myself. I was able to lift my arms over my head, though I couldn't hold them there for any length of time.

The bad news...because of insurance I might be forced to find a new doctor at the first of the year. I'm pretty upset by that. I think there is a lot to be said in having a good working relationship with your doctor...and I love working with Dr. Lowery. She is wonderful. And, for me to say that about a doctor means a lot as I'm generally very critical of doctors. She knows my disease...she knows what works, what doesn't...she's been with me from the beginning of this fight. I do not want to go to some other doctor who doesn't know anything about polymyositis (even if they think they do). I shouldn't be forced to go to doctors at the facility where I work (they're the only doctors covered by my insurance). I just want MY doctor, Dr. Lisa Lowery.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Way to go! So glad you are experiencing some muscle strength. About your insurance, that really stinks!!