Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cold, Comforters, and Polymyositis

It was cold last night. One of those nights that I've been dreading the last several years b/c since being tortured with Polymyositis, simple things, like blankets and comforters can't be used. Last year, not only did I not have the strength to pull the comforter up over my body (had to ask my daughter to help), once it was there, it felt like it was so heavy it was crushing my body...I couldn't take it.

So, anyway, last night was cold. Without really thinking about it, I reached down and pulled up the comforter. I pulled it up. And, I slept all night with the comforter over me. It didn't feel like it was crushing my entire body. Of course, I just had IVIg treatments last week...so, I'm doing fairly well this week. Maybe this will hold out for awhile. I'd forgotten (not really) how much I love to snuggle under warm blankets.

No comments: