Thursday, November 26, 2009

Another Thanksgiving Thought

Emotionally/Mood I feel more like ME than I have in...well, probably since being diagnosed with PM. It has been very eye opening to see how the very drugs that are to help you with your physical health can cause so much emotional harm. Nevertheless, I'm feeling better...like me again (emotionally). Now, if we could only get this body to work right again. I am starting to accept the idea that I'm never going to run again and do many of the things I use to do...but, there are some things that just need to change. This medication has caused sooo much weight gain and I really need to drop the weight...it's more than a physical/how I look thing...it's also just not healthy to be overweight like this.

Every year on Thanksgiving it has been our tradition to make a big pot of Chili and spend the day putting up Christmas decorations. Well, since it's just me and my daughter this year, we won't be doing that (I can't physically put up the decorations, or get them out of the attic). It is a bit sad, a tradition lost kind of thing. Another thing lost to the polymyositis. Of course, she's hitting her teenage years and making a new tradition of sleeping all day. ha.

Everyone enjoy your day...Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: