Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pain Relief - some

Had the guided steroid injection into the hip joint yesterday. That wasn't near as bad as I was anticipating! I did get sick to my stomach...but it was all nerves! I would say that the entire process was similar to having a tooth pulled (the feeling of what was going on, if that makes sense), only a lot less time involved (the process took about 3 minutes).

Anyway, yesterday I couldn't decide if I was "pain free" or if it was still the numbing agent. Last night I didn't have any pain in that hip during the night (wish I could say that for the other hip and my lower back!). This morning I was able to get out of the bed and took my first steps with out agonizing pain in that hip! How absolutely cool! I keep touching that area to make sure it's real and not just the numbing agent still at work (ha, not that it would be today). I think I'd forgotten what pain free is really like. What it has done, though, is made me realize how my other muscles are aching...I'd just gotten use to it and they aren't as bad as my hip areas, so I didn't pay attention to them. Now, how long does one of these injections last?

No comments: