Sunday, March 27, 2011

Daily Living made easier

Daughter is sick this morning, so we're missing church. I'm having time to sit and think...that is sometimes not a good thin! ha. Anyway, I was thinking about the things that have made it easier over the last few years to get things done...so, maybe this will be useful to someone?

Of course, my electric wheelchair! That wasn't even an option. I know that it wouldn't be affordable for many people, including me. While I was in the rehab hospital, they arranged for me to get this...it was necessary for me to be able to return to work; therefore, it was paid for through a Vocational Rehab grant of some sort. So, check through the Voc Rehab in your area! My wheelchair was equiped with everything that was needed: tilt, a seat that raises, lateral support, arm support things (like these technical terms?), etc.

When I returned home from the hospital a friend gave me an electrical toothbrush and an electrical can opener...lots of energy savers there!

Dressing sticks to pull up pants, etc...can also be used to help get clothes in and out of washer and dryers.

These plastic non-slip discs that I use in the kitchen (well anywhere really) to put things on and it keeps them from sliding around.

Reachers. Very important. I have three or four of them.

Raised toilet seat! (insurance paid for this)

Shower chair, hand held shower (insurance paid for the shower chair)

Walkers...I have a couple of different kinds...I use them depending on what I'm going to do. There is a tray that will fit on the tray that will fit on the walker that comes in very useful that will be very useful in getting things around the house.

A lift chair. A friend gave this to me, so I have no idea how much it cost...but very invaluable as I would have not been able to sit on any furniture...well, I would have been able to sit on it, just not get out of it!

I'm sure there are other things that I'm not thinking of right now...so, I'll add to later! Maybe even add pictures to explain some of my technical terms.

No comments: