Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ups and Downs

So much has been going on this week. Had yearly mammogram that had "areas of concern", so had to repeat it. That lead to ultrasound. But, in the end it seems that everything appears okay. I just need to follow up and repeat again in 6 months.

Had a fall in the bathroom. A couple of close calls else where. I seem to have become the clumsiest person I know. I trip over my own feet...like I'm not picking my feet up high enough or something? Dunno. But, I let Dr. Lowery know about it this morning.

So, anyway, had my first day of IVIg for the month. This evening my body aches something awful. I hate it when I have this kind of side effect. But, I'm glad that I don't have the migraine that generally comes with it.

Dr. Lowery thinks that when we get my CPK levels back from today's lab, they will be elevated. :( She did the muscle strength tests that she does and commented that she thinks I'm weaker than last month. I made some face, indicating I didn't like her assessment...so, she redid the muscle strength tests and said, "yeah, same as what I just did" There's still a chance she's wrong and the CPK levels will be normal. I'd like for her to be wrong this time. :)

She also thinks that the tingling and numbness that I'm getting in my hands and feet are likely neuropathy. Having an autoimmune disorder does increase your risk for it...but, I'm really not sure what you do about it.

No comments: