Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Time

Spring time is here and the weather has been beautiful. I've been trying to encourage (umm, make) MiKaila get out and exercise more...she's so lazy! I've been doing more myself. Next week is my monthly appointment with Dr. Lowery. I'm wondering if she'll be able to notice on the strength testing. I'm using Therabands at home to do some strength building. After all this, I'm still shocked at times at the weakness in areas, esp in my hips. My hip flexors are especially weak. I guess that's why I seem to have more pain in my hip area?

I've also joined the gym at work. It's inexpensive and convenient. So, I'm going to make a sincere attempt to get there at least three days a week after work. Of course, the walk from my office to the gym is a work out in and of itself! My goal is to take off some of this prednisone weight (in addition to regaining strength).

Also at my appointment next week I'll have my monthly labs...so, I'm a little anxious to see if my CPK levels have remained normal through the month.

No comments: