Thursday, November 4, 2010

Normal ends again

This new doctor calls me yesterday to let me know that my CPK has gone back up.

So, I'm no longer in the normal range. But, she's not sounding overly worried about it. It's not that much over the high end of normal. However, I expected it to be high as I've been feeling some slight increased weakness here and there.

They also have yet to call the insurance to get my IVIg approved. I explained to her, again, that I need to have it 11/18-19 to remain on schedule. I don't think this doctor seems to understand that by missing a treatment my CPK starts rising fairly quickly and my weakness increases quickly. I can't miss a treatment. Why would she understand that, though, she's not treated severe PM before...she has no experience. (grr. insurance)

2 comments:

Karen said...

Surely, your old doctor is consulting with the new one...right???

Tracy said...

She's willing to, yes. And she sent a letter detailing my history and treatment, along w/copies of various things from my record.